Thursday, 21 November 2013

Love of My Life

(Half Cento, half original)

You tore the night apart
and ripped the silent skies in half
your light breaks through dark
here our worlds collide

Divinity in man confined
you hold the ends of time
yet placed yourself here into mine
my life never the same

In silence
heaven whispered out
took me up in arms
wide and warm
enveloped in light
in a world of darkness
once broken, in chains
now it’s the chains that are broken

Tearing through the veil of darkness
you’ve set me free
the scandal of grace
you died in my place
so my soul
might
live

A reckless love
too wild to understand
you own the skies and still
you want my heart
casting your throne aside
to lift me up

You, who loved me
when I hated you
you, who chose to carry
all my shame
I’m done chasing shadows
Jesus here I am

Lead me through
the fire
and rain
your blood is the life
running through my veins
King of Heaven
on the earth be found
Emmanuel
God with us

So I will rest in your embrace
for I am yours
and you are mine
my heart on your heart
and my eyes on yours 



Cento Poem: a poem composed of verses taken from other authors, disposed in a new form or order.

No comments:

Post a Comment