I am from glue guns and glitter,
From on sale Barbies and ballet slippers
I am from giant holes of mud pies
And snowmen with raisins for eyes
I am from puddles and yellow rain boots
From where grass still smell of rain
And where wispy white linens dance to the sound of piano keys
I am from moon cakes and paper lanterns
From the poor carpenter and the merchants on the Guangdong seas
I’m from late night hot pots and bubbletea
And family time at “lup law” and “cos-e-co”
From “do unto others…” to “hakuna matatas”
And sick days spent swallowing down the most awful tasting Chinese herbal medicine
I’m from streets of cookie
cutter houses
“Chow Fahn” and dumplings
From the grit of my 6 year old “maa ma” roughing out a war
From the grit of my 6 year old “maa ma” roughing out a war
To yards of seams hemmed by my “goo jeh”
I am from shelves of dust stained
Polaroids
Of memories alive within the walls
No comments:
Post a Comment